Careers at Indeed Brewing
At Indeed Brewing Company, we’re cultivating an artfully eclectic line-up of beers from the heart of Northeast Minneapolis and our new home in the Walker’s Point neighborhood of Milwaukee. Founded in the summer of 2012, we are one of the fastest growing breweries in Minnesota with two lively taprooms and a diverse product line-up. Founded upon a culture of fun and adventure, we value employees who think differently, are committed to what they do both at work and outside of it, and endeavor to do good. We are proud to have been named a Top 150 Workplace in 2017 by the Star Tribune. Join us in the relentless pursuit of what's good.
An ideal candidate will embody these core values:
- Genuine care for our customers, business partners, and co-workers
- Relentless pursuit of improvement
- Positive attitude and a strong work ethic
- Proven effective management experience in the service industry
- Detail-oriented with strong follow through
- Creative and solution-oriented problem solving abilities
- Ability to multitask and handle stressful situations with finesse
- Passion for the role
- Open to new ideas and collaborating with others
Indeed Brewing Company LLC is an equal opportunity employer
Indeed Brewing Company LLC complies with all applicable laws governing equal employment opportunity. This policy extends to all applicants and employees and to all aspects of the employment relationship including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation. Specifically, the company will provide equal employment and advancement opportunity on the basis of merit within the context of its unique business environment, and without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, disability or age.
No personal visits or phone calls please. We do not keep unsolicited resumes on file.
Forecasting and Fulfillment Manager - Minneapolis
With a keen eye for detail and a go-getter's mentality, the Forecasting and Fulfillment Manager at Indeed will play a key role in Indeed Brewing Company’s Business Services wing. Reporting to the Director of Business Services, this role will manage the brewery’s incoming orders and outgoing shipments, ensuring accuracy along each step of the way. The ideal candidate is resourceful, willing to dig in and solve problems, and able to learn quickly on the fly.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate and communicate with sales, distributors, warehouse, and packaging to fulfill orders
- End to end systematic management of sales invoices
- Analyze and adjust packaging splits to fulfill sales orders
- Forecast short term product demand and rate of sale, monitor customer ordering trends, and assist the Director of Business Services in updating forecasts etc.
- Learn and maintain high level of proficiency in business ERP
- Strive for complete systematic inventory accuracy
- Maintain a high level of customer service, including graceful communication of decommits or supply interruptions; this position works closely with our wholesalers, and is critical to maintaining a positive experience for all
- Assist in maintaining minimal aging inventory, including Out of Stock (OOS) and Out of Code (OOC)
- Collaborate with sales to ensure new and limited releases are added to upcoming orders
- Manage order change requests
- Work closely with Warehouse Manager to manage shipping and carrier relationships, including top-level scheduling of dock times and inter-company transfers
- Comfortable working with Excel/Google Sheets and Google Drive
- Willingness to learn Encompass ERP
- Data-driven and detail-oriented
- Skilled at customer service and relationships
- Crystal clear communication skills
- Experience with forecasting/demand planning and inventory management
- Basic understanding of warehouse operations
- Ability to sit at desk and work at a computer for ~7 hours a day
- On-site at office in Northeast Minneapolis at least 3 days a week
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary range: $48,000-$55,000 per year
- Generous PTO and sick time
- Group health care plan available with company contribution
- Beer benefits
- Email resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Forecasting and Fulfillment Manager”
- No calls or personal visits, please
Taproom Manager - Minneapolis
Indeed Brewing Company is looking for a Taproom Manager to join our Minneapolis team. The ideal candidate is passionate about service, people, training and development, and providing the best possible customer experience in our taproom. This position reports to the Director of Experiences and will collaborate across the company to continually improve the taproom.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES & JOB OUTCOMES
- Lead all Taproom Team Members and oversee all aspects of the taproom. We encourage our managers to take ownership and use this mentality when making balanced decisions between driving sales and managing costs to achieve long-term sustainable growth.
- Responsible for the execution of all Taproom daily operations. This includes, but is not limited to, growing taproom sales, delivering great beer experiences, providing quality beverages, promoting a clean, safe taproom environment and managing costs.
- Hire, train, and develop taproom staff based on uncompromising expectations that aim to provide our customers with the best possible experience. A successful taproom manager will effectively lead and manage the taproom staff by setting clear goals, defined accountabilities and creating a welcoming and safe atmosphere for both our guests and team members.
- Schedule taproom staff and effectively manage time off requests
- Manage taproom facilities including cleanliness, organization, security, and safety of staff and guests
- Private Event and Taproom programming including day to day, Indeed We Can, and tours.
- Monitor and achieve financial performance goals including sales, labor, costs and programming return on investment
- Other duties as assigned
The taproom manager will be responsible for managing all aspects of taproom operations including:
- Building and managing all aspects of the taproom team
- Being their first point of contact and go to resource
- Being a role model for staff—consistently putting our values on display
- Managing, recruiting, hiring, onboarding and training, creating shift schedules and filling in wherever needed.
- Fostering a collaborative, inclusive team environment and a place people love to work. This includes regular staff meetings and activities, training and team development.
- Maintaining consistent and open communication with the team—sending out frequent communications on operations, product updates, event logistics and other important needs to know. This includes being a great listener and developing effective feedback loops to identify process improvements to make our customers and staff’s lives easier and more enjoyable.
- Consistently ensuring that great beer experiences are delivered.
- Responsible for the daily operations of the taproom and ensuring the team is set up for success and establishing a process to deliver a consistent experience.
- Establishing standard operating procedures and holding team accountable to them
- Manage weekly inventory and procurement to ensure staff has all the supplies needed
- Manage point of sale system to ensure business activity is accurately recorded
- Mange facility and fixture maintenance and cleanliness
- Work closely with the Hospitality Director to plan and execute unique events in the taproom including our non profit Indeed We Can weekly events.
- Work closely with the Hospitality Director and Leadership team on business planning and taking responsibility for various metrics regarding sales, labor costs, operational costs and customer reviews.
- Inventory counts
- Scheduling and reviewing staff timecards for accuracy
- Point of sale reporting
- Minimum of one year of management experience required and 2+ years of restaurant, retail or guest service experience and/or combined experience and education preferred.
- Experience with sales building, P&L statements, recruiting and training
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Proficiency with Google Suite (Gmail, Calendar, Drive, etc.)
- Fundamental knowledge of craft beer and beer draft systems
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and maneuver 163 lb kegs safely and with proper body mechanics
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must be available to work some evenings and weekends
The physical demands for this position are seeing, hearing, speaking, reaching, lifting up to 50lbs, ability to maneuver 163lb kegs safely and with proper body mechanics, sitting, standing for 4 to 8 hours, bending and moving intermittently during working hours. These physical demands may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive compensation, based on experience
- Full-time PTO
- Health care stipend
- Generous beer benefits
- Opportunities for advancement
- Email resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com with the subject line “Minneapolis Taproom Manager”
- No calls or personal visits, please
Director of Beer
The Director of Beer is a champion of craft; this role requires expansive knowledge of beer coupled with a keen eye for what’s next. At Indeed Brewing, Beer is one of our three pillars, along with People and Experiences, and the Director of Beer should be deeply invested in all three. As the production leader, this role will have the experience to recognize the strengths of existing methods, the patient persistence to effect change, and the ability to make key decisions and strategy for the advancement of the brewery as a whole. With extensive experience in a production brewery environment, the Director of Beer will bring his or her invaluable knowledge of brewing, packaging, and quality to bear on our fast-growing operation.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with operations leaders (Head Brewers and Packaging Manager) and other colleagues to hire, train, mentor, and manage a knowledgeable, diverse, and dedicated production staff
- Constantly improve and communicate standard operating procedures in collaboration with the director of Business Services
- Provide direction, development, evaluation, coaching and leadership to the brewery teams
- Ensure there is bandwidth for innovation and contribute to a diverse and well-developed line-up of beers and craft beverages
- Create and communicate a clear vision for the future to inspire and drive the brewery to achieve and surpass business goals and objectives
- Own the financial operating and capital budgets of both breweries, delivering YOY savings through cost saving initiatives
- Oversee equipment selection, building, installation, programming, and commissioning
- Ensure operations comply with Quality, health, and Safety standards
- Ensure the company's strategic objectives and plans which have been set are being met
- Analyze and monitor the progress of its employees towards achieving the objectives and targets set
- Coach and develop oneself and others by infusing learning into day-to-day leading; places an equal priority on development and accountability through motivation, hands-on coaching, regular exposure, and stretch assignments; builds development plans in partnership with teammates when necessary
- Communicate regularly and transparently with teammates at all levels, understanding that honesty and clear communication channels are enablers of overall team success
- Establish a vision and sets direction by enabling teammates to understand how their responsibilities and actions directly align to the common purpose and overall performance and success of the company; motivates and inspires while setting expectations to bring out the best in everyone
- Be a champion of change, ensuring a full understanding of change is shared with the team in a way that helps everyone get on board
- 5+ years progressive experience in a similar role in the brewing production environment
- 2+ years of leadership experience
- Expert knowledge of the brewing process; proven ability to troubleshoot quality & production issues
- Expert knowledge and understanding of brewery equipment, including maintenance and repair
- Proficiency in all aspects of green, dry-hopped, barrel-aged, and brite beer production
- Proven ability to communicate and collaborate with other departments and key stakeholders to deliver a high-quality product
- Interest in and familiarity with a wide range of brewing styles and products; familiarity with other fermentables is a plus
- Focus on developing and delivering high level strategy to ensure alignment and achievement of all production goals
- Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Exceptional leadership and management skills
- Strong financial acumen and proven project management skills
Send a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.Apply Here