Careers at Indeed Brewing
At Indeed Brewing Company, we’re cultivating an artfully eclectic line-up of beers from the heart of Northeast Minneapolis and our new home in the Walker’s Point neighborhood of Milwaukee. Founded in the summer of 2012, we are one of the fastest growing breweries in Minnesota with two lively taprooms and a diverse product line-up. Founded upon a culture of fun and adventure, we value employees who think differently, are committed to what they do both at work and outside of it, and endeavor to do good. We are proud to have been named a Top 150 Workplace in 2017 by the Star Tribune. Join us in the relentless pursuit of what's good.
An ideal candidate will embody these core values:
- Genuine care for our customers, business partners, and co-workers
- Relentless pursuit of improvement
- Positive attitude and a strong work ethic
- Proven effective management experience in the service industry
- Detail-oriented with strong follow through
- Creative and solution-oriented problem solving abilities
- Ability to multitask and handle stressful situations with finesse
- Passion for the role
- Open to new ideas and collaborating with others
Indeed Brewing Company LLC is an equal opportunity employer
Indeed Brewing Company LLC complies with all applicable laws governing equal employment opportunity. This policy extends to all applicants and employees and to all aspects of the employment relationship including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation. Specifically, the company will provide equal employment and advancement opportunity on the basis of merit within the context of its unique business environment, and without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, disability or age.
No personal visits or phone calls please. We do not keep unsolicited resumes on file.
Madison/Western Wisconsin Sales Representative
At Indeed Brewing Company, we’re cultivating an artfully eclectic line-up of beers from the heart of Northeast Minneapolis and our new home in the Walker’s Point neighborhood of Milwaukee. Well-known as an engaged and community-oriented brewery, Indeed believes innovation isn’t just one thing—it’s a culture created around good people, good beers, and good experiences. We’re looking for a Madison/Western Wisconsin Sales Representative to join us in the pursuit of what’s good.
The ideal candidate is excited about how food and drink create culture and knows a bit about how beer fits into that. The candidate would be an expert communicator, both internally and externally, who works with various-sized teams on projects big and small, and is able to translate information across many channels. They will be a positive conduit and translator connecting Indeed to our wholesalers to our retailers and back to the brewery. Our breweries and taprooms in Minneapolis and Milwaukee both contribute to and feed off the energy of a city and its culture, and the candidate should feel that as well. Beer is more than the liquid, it’s about what sharing a beer represents: the ability to positively impact communities with beer, people, and experiences. This position is an integral part of our Wisconsin expansion and will help steer the ship as we grow in wholesale and retail sales in Madison, La Crosse and greater Western Wisconsin.
- Managing and growing a defined territory of accounts (day-to-day activities require in-person account visits primarily in Madison and Lacrosse)
- Selling Indeed beer and beyond-beer products to retail accounts on- and off-premise
- Developing and maintaining key relationships
- Executing promotional events, sales programs, and product launches/pushes
- Identifying new business opportunities and retail partnerships
- Scheduling and executing samplings and festivals/events
- Accomplishing annual sales goals and maintaining budgets
- Recording necessary daily activities, store retail information, and recaps in CRM (VIP + Karma knowledge preferred)
- Preferred experience in direct sales, customer relations or account management
- Strong organization and time management
- High aptitude for learning and collaboration
- Interest in craft beer industry; experience in, or desire to learn, about the three-tier system
- Strong written, verbal communication skills, and interpersonal relationship skills
- Ability to complete tasks on time and independently
- Strong organization and time management
- Valid driver’s license with personal liability insurance
- Ability to drive for up to four hours at once
- Ability & willing to travel for 1-2 nights, 2-3 times per quarter
- Willingness to perform tastings, special events, festivals as needed
- Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm with occasional overnights, evening and weekend work necessary
BENEFITS & SALARY
- Sick & Safe time
- Health care plan
- Generous beer benefits
- $45-50k, depending experience
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please follow these instructions precisely:
- Send the following materials to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org with an e-mail subject that reads exactly “Madison/Western Wisconsin Sales Representative Job”:
- Resume and cover letter (preferably in .pdf form)
- Phone number where you can be reached
- NO phone calls or personal visits, please.
Deadline to apply is Friday, February 11.Apply Here
Taproom Manager - Minneapolis
Indeed Brewing Company is looking for a Taproom Manager to join our Minneapolis team. The ideal candidate is passionate about service, people, training and development, and providing the best possible customer experience in our taproom. This position reports to the Hospitality Director and will collaborate across the company to continually improve the taproom.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES & JOB OUTCOMES
- Lead all Taproom Team Members and oversee all aspects of the taproom. We encourage our managers to take ownership and use this mentality when making balanced decisions between driving sales and managing costs to achieve long-term sustainable growth.
- Responsible for the execution of all Taproom daily operations. This includes, but is not limited to, growing taproom sales, delivering great beer experiences, providing quality beverages, promoting a clean, safe taproom environment and managing costs.
- Hire, train, and develop taproom staff based on uncompromising expectations that aim to provide our customers with the best possible experience. A successful taproom manager will effectively lead and manage the taproom staff by setting clear goals, defined accountabilities and creating a welcoming and safe atmosphere for both our guests and team members.
- Schedule taproom staff and effectively manage time off requests
- Manage taproom facilities including cleanliness, organization, security, and safety of staff and guests
- Private Event and Taproom programming including day to day, Indeed We Can, and tours.
- Monitor and achieve financial performance goals including sales, labor, costs and programming return on investment
- Other duties as assigned
The taproom manager will be responsible for managing all aspects of taproom operations including:
- Building and managing all aspects of the taproom team
- Being their first point of contact and go to resource
- Being a role model for staff—consistently putting our values on display
- Managing, recruiting, hiring, onboarding and training, creating shift schedules and filling in wherever needed.
- Fostering a collaborative, inclusive team environment and a place people love to work. This includes regular staff meetings and activities, training and team development.
- Maintaining consistent and open communication with the team—sending out frequent communications on operations, product updates, event logistics and other important needs to know. This includes being a great listener and developing effective feedback loops to identify process improvements to make our customers and staff’s lives easier and more enjoyable.
- Consistently ensuring that great beer experiences are delivered.
- Responsible for the daily operations of the taproom and ensuring the team is set up for success and establishing a process to deliver a consistent experience.
- Establishing standard operating procedures and holding team accountable to them
- Manage weekly inventory and procurement to ensure staff has all the supplies needed
- Manage point of sale system to ensure business activity is accurately recorded
- Mange facility and fixture maintenance and cleanliness
- Work closely with the Hospitality Director to plan and execute unique events in the taproom including our non profit Indeed We Can weekly events.
- Work closely with the Hospitality Director and Leadership team on business planning and taking responsibility for various metrics regarding sales, labor costs, operational costs and customer reviews.
- Inventory counts
- Scheduling and reviewing staff timecards for accuracy
- Point of sale reporting
- Minimum of one year of management experience required and 2+ years of restaurant, retail or guest service experience and/or combined experience and education preferred.
- Experience with sales building, P&L statements, recruiting and training
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Proficiency with Google Suite (Gmail, Calendar, Drive, etc.)
- Fundamental knowledge of craft beer and beer draft systems
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and maneuver 163 lb kegs safely and with proper body mechanics
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must be available to work some evenings and weekends
The physical demands for this position are seeing, hearing, speaking, reaching, lifting up to 50lbs, ability to maneuver 163lb kegs safely and with proper body mechanics, sitting, standing for 4 to 8 hours, bending and moving intermittently during working hours. These physical demands may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive compensation, based on experience
- Full-time PTO
- Health care stipend
- Generous beer benefits
- Opportunities for advancement
- Email resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com with the subject line “Minneapolis Taproom Manager”
- No calls or personal visits, please